This recipe combines Aussie grassfed beef with fresh and authentic Vietnamese flavours. Use leftover grilled steak and you don’t even need to cook!
- Four 7-oz. Aussie grassfed sirloin steaks, fat trimmed
- 2 each carrots, sliced into ribbons
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 ounces vermicelli noodles
- 1/4 each Wombok (Chinese cabbage), finely shredded
- 1 each cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- 5 oz. snow peas, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, plain and unsalted
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- 1 each finely chopped, small red chili
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
For the steaks: Brush steaks with oil and season with pepper. Place a chargrill pan over high heat and cook steak for 3 minutes each side for medium rare or until cooked to your liking. Rest.
For the carrots: Peel carrot into ribbons with a vegetable peeler and toss with the rice vinegar. Leave to pickle for 10 minutes.
For the noodles: Cover vermicelli in boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender, drain and rinse with cold water, drain again. Combine the dressing ingredients.
To serve: Combine cabbage, carrot plus pickling liquid, vermicelli, cucumber, snow peas and mint leaves and toss with dressing. Top salad with sliced beef and peanuts.
*Recipe courtesy of True Aussie Beef